If you have ROOT rights, your device is equipped with additional useful features, the level of security is at its maximum, and any operating system option can be fine-tuned. This extension is a must for people who want an almost-perfect phone. How to get Root rights on Xiaomi without unnecessary skills and problems? After all, this process is quite long and painstaking, but if you do everything correctly and carefully – the result will only please.
Why do we need Root rights on Android?
- Removing built-in applications from Xiaomi and Google does not benefit your smartphone but worsens the battery life and takes up significant space on the built-in memory.
- Removal of intrusive ads from apps is done in two clicks. This requires neither disabling the Internet nor installing special programs.
- You can interfere with the phone, that is, edit, delete, and add system files. Do not forget that this requires good technical knowledge. Otherwise, there is a risk of damaging the smartphone.
- Completely change the entire interface, from icons to launching a third-party desktop.
Types of root rights
- Temporary Root – temporary root rights are automatically removed when you restart your smartphone. They are mainly used for one-time operations with the possibility of auto-delete without repeated user intervention.
- Shell Root – root rights with limited access to the root directory of the Android system.
- Full Root – the classic version of root rights. We will talk about it further in the article.
We have presented only the “Super User” main additional functions. The number of minor changes and innovations is huge.
Instructions on how to get ROOT rights on Xiaomi
All the links to detailed articles on each item will be below.
- Unlocking the bootloader. To do this, you must create a Mi-account and tie it to the phone.
- Installing TWRP for your phone model.
- Downloading and installing the archive with Super User data.
- Rebooting the phone and checking if it has root access on Xiaomi.
- Installing additional SuperSu applications from Google Play.
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
- You need to log out if you have a Mi account connected to your phone.
- Connecting to mobile internet via a Wi-Fi phone won’t let you do the tethering.
- To get the developer status: “About phone” – 8 clicks on “MIUI version” – go back to the main menu – “Advanced settings” – “For developers”.
- Bind the Mi account to the phone: “Mi Unlock status” – “Bind the account to the device” – “Login to the Mi account” – wait for confirmation.
- Waiting for the verification process: you need to wait 360 or 720 hours after linking the account.
- Downloading Mi Unlock bootloader unlock software from the official website.
- Unzipping the archive with the program. Launching the program.
- Connecting Xiaomi to your PC using a USB cable.
- Login to the Mi account in the utility. Checking to unlock permission (if waiting time has not been reached – the remaining number will be shown).
- Waiting for the bootloader unlock process.
- Successful completion of the operation (green lettering.
Step 2: Installing TWRP Recovery
- Install mini-ADB drivers. Unzip the zip archive to the system drive root.
- Enable USB Debug mode on the phone: Settings – About phone – 8 clicks on MIUI version – Back to main menu – Advanced Settings – For Developers – USB Debug.
- Download the Recovery archive with the .img extension from the official website of the TeamWin TWRP project. Find the archive for your phone model. If your phone model is not listed, search for it on XDA (in your phone’s discussion thread).
- Go to the folder with ADB drivers. Press Shift and click the right mouse button in an empty folder area. A menu will open. You need the “Open command window” or similar.
- Please turn off the smartphone and put it in Fastboot mode: hold down the power and volume buttons. Hold it until it vibrates. The mi-rabbit repairing the broken Android appears.
- Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” and press Enter. The computer should successfully recognize the device and display its code name.
- Then enter the command“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and hit Enter. TWRP installation process will resume.
- After installation is complete, the handset has to be transferred to the recovery. Enter the command“fastboot boot recovery.img” and hit Enter.
- The phone can be disconnected from the PC.
Step 3: Get root rights
Warning: SuperSU is not supported officially anymore, the developers resold the rights to it to another company. Now its development is stopped.
By the last update in this article, SuperSu is still working fine, so the procedure to get root rights is up to date.
- Android: version above 2.3
- CPU architecture: armeabi, armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, mips, mips64, x86, x86_64.
The installation process for SuperSu 2.82-SR5
- Download the archive and move it to the root of the smartphone’s system memory. No SD card, if you have one.
- Go to the recovery: press the power button and the volume up button until it vibrates.
- We get to the TWRP menu. Click on Install.
- Choose the previously downloaded archive SuperSU 2.82-SR5.
- Drag the slider at the bottom of the“Swipe to Confirm Flash” screen to the right (drag to confirm).
- Wait for the ROOT rights installation to complete.
- After successful installation, you can reset the phone to normal mode. To do this, select reboot to the system in the main menu of Recovery.
- After that, you may need to enable superuser mode. About this below.
How to enable SuperSU mode on your phone
- We download the application SuperSu from Google Play.
- We wait until the end of the download and then turn it on, give all the necessary permissions.
- We turn on the root-right in the side menu.
- Done. Now you can choose which applications are allowed to use root rights.
Can you get ROOT rights to harm your phone?
The root rights themselves do not pose any threat to the device. The only problem is the installation process or deleting important Android system files. An inexperienced user can perform certain installation parts incorrectly, leading to gadget malfunctions.
The phone stopped turning on after getting root rights. Probably, I did something wrong?
Please check your actions and refer to our instructions once again.
Is there a time limit on using root rights?
No, there is no time limit at all.
As you can see, getting the status of “Super User” is quite a painstaking task. But if you approach it from the right side, follow all the above instructions, find the answers to your questions, and do not be afraid to ask for help from our site – the result will be successful.