The phone book of the modern user contains a huge number of numbers. There is no need to write out or memorize everything because the smartphone is the best storage, but far from being the most reliable. Therefore, there are often questions about how to restore deleted contacts on a phone of Xiaomi and whether this procedure is possible at all.
Why contacts can disappear
The most trivial reason for the loss of contacts – is self-deletion made by the user. Yes, by mistake, you will not erase absolutely all the numbers, but specific subscribers can be accidentally deleted.
Then there are viruses and all kinds of insecure programs. Malware often steals personal information by deleting it from devices. Therefore, in any case, do not download materials from unknown sources and do not neglect the help of antivirus.
4 ways to recover deleted contacts on Xiaomi
Below I will talk about 4 proven and working methods to recover deleted numbers on Xiaomi smartphones.
Via Mi Cloud
To recover contacts on Xiaomi, you can use the easiest method on MIUI – Mi Cloud storage. Personal information is synchronized with the account, and in case of various malfunctions, all the data(photos, contacts, notes, and voice records) are quite easily recovered.
- Go to the official website of the Mi Cloud storage – i.mi.com, where you click on the white button “Sign in via Mi-account“.
- Enter the details from the Mi account, namely the email address/phone number, and password. Check everything carefully and tap on “Sign in”.
- We go into the repository and pay attention to the “Contacts” section. We visit it.
- The list of current subscribers is displayed, and just below is an icon “Restore contacts”. After clicking on this tab, an area for restoring numbers appears on the right side of the page. Just drag the sliders, mark the desired time, and click “Restore“. The necessary contacts will be restored within a minute and appear on the phone.
Using a Google account
A similar procedure will be relevant if you do not have a Mi-account. Google services are installed by almost every Xiaomi user, so there shouldn’t be any problems.
For a successful recovery, we again need access to a computer and the Internet.
- Go to Google Contacts and sign in to your account.
- In the upper left corner, pay attention to the menu image. Open it and tap on “More ” in the new list – “Undo changes”. Specify the time when the contacts were deleted. It can be either 10 minutes or two weeks ago. Confirm the action.
Recovery is only available for 30 days. Later you can’t get back lost numbers via Google service.
EaseUS Data Recovery (via computer)
A great and easy-to-use utility to help users get their important data back. There is a free and a licensed version, but it is unnecessary. The only difference is the amount of information that can be recovered.
- Download the tool from the official site of the developer easeus.com, and connect your phone to your computer via USB. Install and run the program. US Data should automatically detect the smartphone. If it didn’t – check the USB plugs and cable.
- Then press “Start”. The scanning process will start. On average, it takes from one minute to ten minutes, depending on the amount of information. Then look at the left side of the page, where the different data types are itemized.
- We need the first tab, “Contact”. Here black color marked numbers on the smartphone, and orange marked deleted. Check the boxes of the necessary subscribers and restore through the key “Recover”. Remember to take pictures or write down the rest, as the free version does not allow you to create VCF files.
Undeleter Pro (via phone)
If you don’t have computer access and want to perform the recovery as fast as possible, use a great Android app called Undeleter Pro.
The tool is downloaded from Google Play free and installed in the standard way. Not only the internal memory scanned for lost materials, but also external drives.
Moreover, you can get back different types of information: photos, audio, documents, and contacts. So Undeleter is a good free application that will come in handy for every user.
How do I restore contact names?
First, reboot your device. This may be due to trivial lags with the system. If it did not help – use the EaseUS Data Recovery program, which will display all subscribers and, if necessary, return them to the phone.
Is it possible to hide contacts?
Yes, messengers, such as WhatsApp, will work well for this. Or you can use special tools. The main principle is to enter a special password.
Now you know there are ways to recover lost contacts from the smartphone. There are a huge number of effective options for Xiaomi as well. Choose your own and try, and we will help you if any problems arise.