Modern smartphones allow you to store an almost unlimited number of contacts, but sometimes remembering all the names and phone numbers is quite problematic. For example, such inconveniences may arise in an employee of a large company, where you must constantly communicate with other employees. Therefore, many people are interested in how to install a contact photo on Xiaomi quickly and what it will take.
Setting the contact photo in MIUI and Android One
Photos are usually exposed easily. The help of third-party applications, special utilities, and drivers is not required. The only requirement is free space on the internal memory, ready photos, or a working camera.
If you delete a picture, it will also disappear from the contact. Therefore, it is desirable to transfer images intended for calls to a separate folder, at best located on the memory card.
Installation is carried out in two standard ways.
Through the contacts menu
- On the screen, look for the “Contacts” or “Phonebook” icon. We go in.
- In the search box, enter the data of the person to whom you want to put a photo. Open it.
- Now click on the icon with a gray image of contact (on a colored background).
- A small menu opens. Choose: “take a photo” or “select a photo from the gallery”.
- Choose the desired option and adjust the size of the photo or picture to your screen.
To put a picture on the contact picture through the standard gallery, you need to do the following:
- Go to “Gallery”, open the list of photos, and choose the desired one.
- At the bottom, you’ll see a triple dot “More”.
- Another menu will appear. We choose “Install on contact” (the phrase can be slightly different).
- Select the desired contact.
- Edit the picture by size, increase or decrease, or cut it off.
- When everything is ready, click “OK”. The procedure is complete.
Checking the picture
To check if the picture has been successfully displayed, go to the standard contact list, browse through it, and if the picture is in front of the desired phone name, everything has worked out without any problems.
Note: sometimes with incoming calls or after reloading the smartphone the picture can disappear. There is no point in constantly putting it up again. You just need to link the contact to either Mi account or Google account.
How to make the full photo screen in MIUI?
Put a photo for the desired contact, and the photo will be displayed on full screen when you receive a call. You can not set it yet. Maybe the new updates will add this feature.
Does the displayed image take up additional space on the smartphone’s memory?
No, it has no effect.
The picture was taken at a high resolution but distorted after being set
The resolution may have been knocked down to a lower resolution.