Recently, the popularity of mobile Internet has increased significantly and has even surpassed the Wi-Fi network by some criteria. There are many advantages: access to the World Wide Web in all places, from the street to public transport, and the ability to listen to music, watch videos, and communicate with friends without being tied to a wireless network access point. Therefore, many are often interested in how to configure the mobile Internet on Xiaomi.
Automatic activation of mobile Internet
The easiest method is to open the notification curtain and activate the icon with the Internet. All successfully connected? Then you will receive a corresponding notification about the data transfer. Nothing is complicated here, but this method does not always work, and most often, it is available after several connections.
First, the phone must have a sim card that supports mobile Internet, according to its operator. You also need a package plan to use a certain number of megabytes/gigabytes for a certain time. Don’t forget that if the specified threshold is exceeded, additional funds will be deducted from your account!
You must configure the Internet individually from one card if you have two sim cards. To do this, go to “Settings” – “Mobile networks” and put a checkmark next to the desired sim card.
Manual configuration of the mobile Internet on Xiaomi
- Find “Settings” on the main screen, go in;
- Look for the item: “Sim-cards and mobile networks“.
- At the bottom of the menu, select the default setting for the Internet, that is, the desired operator.
- Then move on to the setting of the SIM card itself.
- After selecting the operator, go to the item “Access Points (APN).
- At the bottom of the screen, click on “New Access Point“.
- For the item name, set any value. In the APN item, it is necessary to write “internet“. This is all. No other fields are to be filled in.
- Press “more” and save your changes
- Restart the smartphone and switch on the mobile Internet via the notification curtain or settings.
Please note: some operators use their own APN access point. Therefore if the Internet does not work after rebooting – contact your operator for assistance.
This is currently the most common, fast, and convenient type of mobile communication, which is rarely subject to hang-ups and operation problems. If your region supports it, the smartphone automatically switches, and you can see the corresponding icon at the top of the screen.
But there are times when you need to connect manually. To do this, in the “Settings” click on the desired sim card and set which mode we prefer: 3G, 4G, or 2G (of course, the weaker Internet, but consuming less battery power).
This option is similar to the previous one. If the signal quality is good and the connection is generally available in your area – the phone usually connects.
Or you can make it preferable in the “Settings”, but even this does not guarantee because it is still a fairly uncommon network. In some cases, it works even weaker than 3G.
Types of mobile Internet
- G is the first and weakest network, characterized by extreme slowness. At the moment, almost everywhere is missing. Speed: not more than 171.2 kbit/sec.
- E – can still be found in many regions. Not fast enough, but twice as powerful as the previous one. Speed: 474 kbit/sec.
- 3G – the famous “third generation network” prevailing in the territories of many countries. Its power is enough for watching videos, movies, and even online broadcasting. Speed: 3.6 Mbps.
- 3G+ is a stronger analog of the standard 3G. No disadvantages in operation are also not noticed. Speed: 8 Mbps.
- H+ – a well-known connection, the speed is about 42 Mbps.
- 4G – the “fourth generation network” coveted by many. So far, the most powerful of all available. It works best in Japan, where, in theory, the speed can reach 100 Mbps. But with a poor signal, it is sometimes even weaker than the above.
Can 3G internet disconnect itself when the signal is bad?
Yes, it is quite possible. There are cases when the signal is very low. You will be prompted to switch to 2G.
After dropping your smartphone on the floor, the mobile Internet stopped working. What to do?
There are several reasons for this situation. The first and most banal – is just a loose sim card. Remove the phone’s back cover (or slot) and insert it correctly. Secondly, the integrity of the sim card has been compromised. Then you need either to buy a new one or the help of an experienced craftsman.
The Internet connection failed due to an internal error
Please write us in the comments. We’ll try to do everything possible to help you resolve the conflict.
Now, to connect your Xiaomi smartphone to the mobile network – no need to search a long time for the actual instructions. Just read our article. Do not forget that you can contact your operator in case of problems with the tariff package or the sim-card itself. Online, phone, and personal consultations are available when you visit the service center.