The screenshot has long been an inherent feature built into all Android versions. Xiaomi tablets, with their unique MIUI system, are no exception because the principle is almost the same everywhere. But despite the simplicity, many users are interested in how to take a screenshot on Xiaomi effectively and quickly.
What are screenshots
A screenshot is a snapshot of the visible part of the screen. For example, you read some useful information on our site and want to save it as a picture for quick access.
Does your device have errors, or does a program not work? Do you need specialist help? It takes a few minutes to take a picture of the highlighted problem. Still, the wizard will have the necessary information about the cause of the problem and will provide the necessary assistance.
A good example is Instagram. This social network contains millions of photos, but it has an obvious disadvantage – the impossibility to save the photos to the phone in the traditional way. There is a solution, and again it’s a screenshot.
5 ways to take a screenshot on your Xiaomi phone
Method 1: power button + volume down
A simple and uncomplicated option is to use a few buttons: press the power and volume down keys simultaneously. Within a few seconds, a screenshot will be taken with the sound of a characteristic clap. But here there are disadvantages:
- Sometimes it is problematic to press two buttons simultaneously; as a result, the device may either shut down or reduce the volume.
- Especially 1 way will be undesirable to owners of large smartphones and tablets because you will need to use two hands and try not to drop the device.
Method 2: three-finger picture (buttons and gestures)
You will need to make small changes in the “Settings” to do this.
- Almost at the end of the list, we find “Advanced Settings” – “Buttons and Gestures“.
- Now you need to click on the line “Screenshot“.
- We see the options: “Gesture down with three fingers“, “Long press Home button”, “Power + Home”, “Power + Menu” and others.
- Choosing the right one. If your Xiaomi model is released after 2018 – it most likely supports full-screen gestures. If this option is enabled, all options except the first will not be available.
Method 3: menu button + power
This method works on older smartphone models with a touchpad with buttons. If your phone is a newer model, these buttons will be on-screen.
- Enable this method by toggling the buttons in the second method.
- Select the desired item.
- Click on the touch menu button at the bottom left and hold down the volume sound. Done!
- By default, the screenshots you take are saved in the “Screenshots” folder, which can be found in “Gallery”.
Method 4: the notification curtain
Also, a traditional option works without the help of extraneous actions in MIUI. With a smooth movement from top to bottom, we open the notification curtain and find the “Screenshot” icon. Click on this icon and then the menu will automatically close and take a screenshot.
Method 5: touch Assistant
Here we need a special mini-application. If you have the Quick Ball Touch Assistant installed, use it.
- Go to “Settings” – “Advanced Settings”.
- Look for “Touch Assistant” – “Enable“.
- A transparent semi-circle will now be available by default on the left or right side of the screen, and click on it to get additional functions.
Long scrolling screenshot
- First, you need to make a standard one that is limited in size. The best way is to use 1 way.
- As the snapshot is made – click on the thumbnail at the top of the screen.
- Then a window opens with options: “Advanced”, “Send”, “Edit”, “Delete” (order may vary).
- Click on “Advanced” and the image gradually begins to descend downward. The area that was originally not captured in the normal image appears. You can scroll faster yourself, or you can enable automatic scrolling. When the process is complete, click “Finished” at the bottom.
How do I make a video screenshot?
This, too, is a kind of snapshot. Go to “Settings”, at the bottom, “Advanced”, and, accordingly, “Record screen.”
Are there snapshot apps?
Yes, such apps are quite easy to find on Google Play.
The screen constantly freezes when taking pictures, what should I do?
Try rebooting, deleting unnecessary information, and freeing up the built-in memory.
Now you know that to create a simple screenshot on your Xiaomi smartphone, you can use one of the 5 methods presented.