The MIUI smartphones feature great functionality and a huge number of features. For example, a useful option is Mi Assistant, an analog of the Google voice assistant. But many users neglect this feature, not understanding what it is for. Today we will discuss this.
Mi Assistant – what is it
With Mi Assistant, you can:
- Create quick notes. You no longer need to download separate notebook apps that take up extra space on your device. You can also forget about outdated paper stickers.
- Save important events and reminders. For example, you have a big meeting coming up in a week. So you don’t have to keep all the details in your head, use the “Events” feature. Add the time and location, guest list, and time zone.
- Choose a certain number of apps to launch quickly. As a result, you’ll always have the right messengers, utilities, and social networks at your fingertips.
As you can see, this is quite a useful and extensive feature that will come in handy for an active Xiaomi user. But how to enable Mi Assistant? Let’s find out below.
How to turn on and configure Mi Assistant on the phone
The process of activating the option is as simple as possible.
- Search for “Settings” on the main screen, and enter.
- Go down to the section “System and device“.
- Then go to the “Desktop” tab and move the slider to the “On” stage in front of the proposal to enable Mi Assistant.
App Vault appears in the quick notification bar. All that remains is to configure the necessary elements. To do this, swipe down on the top of the screen. We see one huge expanded window with the following folders: “Memory Cleaning”, “Security”, “Mi Drop”, “Engineering Menu”, and “Alarm Clock”.
Below are three more items: “Shortcuts,” “Quick Notes,” and “Events.” If the function is not active, there will be an image of a red minus next to it. Just click to change it to a blue cross and add the necessary information, as described above.
How to disable App Vault in MIUI
Unfortunately, disabling the Mi Assistant on the stable global version is almost impossible. If you move the slider back to “Off” mode in “Settings” – nothing will change. And many phones now have App Vault enabled from the factory, which can’t be changed in any way.
If you are not sure about the usefulness of the functionality provided by Mi Assistant, try not to experiment and do not turn it on. After all, it will take a long time to successfully disable it later.
As you can see, Mi Assistant is a really good assistant for Xiaomi devices. If you like to try new options to achieve the most comfortable interaction with your mobile gadget – App Vault is for you.
And on our site, you can find more reviews of useful and unique programs designed for Xiaomi.