MIUI firmware has a huge number of pre-installed applications, as well as some tools from Google. Branded programs often do not satisfy users, affect the smooth functioning of the system, and take up space in the internal memory. So today, we will tell you how to remove system apps on Xiaomi quickly and safely.
Which system applications can be uninstalled without consequences
To begin with, let’s discuss which system apps can be uninstalled without harming the mobile device. After all, some services are extremely important, and without them, the smooth operation of the smartphone is impossible. Read carefully the list below.
- MIUI browser. In most cases, it is recommended not to remove it for smooth work with Xiaomi services, but it is theoretically possible. After that, install an alternative in Google Chrome, Opera.
- Gallery. If you are not satisfied with the interface or functionality of the system gallery, it is quite possible to replace it with similar applications from Google Play.
- Voice recorder. Again on the Internet, you can find many similar tools.
- Google Disc. The unnecessary program, as most of the built-in applications, are from Google.
- Notes. It is a widget, which certainly is not useful to everyone. You can safely remove it.
- Animated screensavers. Yes, with them, the main screen looks interesting, but at the expense of animation, the battery drains much faster + phone on a weak processor may retard. It is better to install the standard wallpaper.
- Weather. Useful add-on, but if you are unsatisfied with the system, feel free to uninstall it and look for your favorite option in the Google store.
- Mail. Shared Mail Client. Quite a handy tool if you have several email addresses from different services. If you only use one service (e.g., Gmail), uninstall it with no problem.
- Music. A standard application through which you can listen to and sort audio files. If you decide to remove it, be sure to find an alternative.
- Google Search. Usually located on the home screen, and gives quick access to search for information on the Internet. If this widget bothers you and you do not use the Assistant – remove it.
- Facebook (all services). If you do not use Facebook services – remove it;
- Feedback. If you don’t plan to contact the built-in support, you can delete it.
Built-in background services
I’ll also provide an extended list from our video below. These services and applications work in the background and consume phone resources. They are uninstalled directly in Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools. Let’s go in order:
- Apps (Mi App Store);
- Direct Service (Quick Apps);
- Any built-in Google apps (you can install them again later);
- Mi Credit;
- Mi Roaming;
- Yellow Pages.
We have described only the main part of the pre-installed applications suitable for removal.
Uninstalling built-in apps on Xiaomi without rooting
Now let’s look at the practical part of the article. Below you will find step-by-step instructions on removing unnecessary branded apps from Xiaomi and Google without root rights and an unlocked bootloader. We offer a universal method that will be useful for both experienced users and beginners (regardless of the Android version and MIUI).
So, for the procedure, we will need the following:
- A computer running Windows, Linux, or Mac;
- The phone from which you want to remove unnecessary applications;
- A USB cable to connect to the PC;
- Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools program installed;
- Our text or video instruction.
Step 1: Install Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools
- Java (universal).
After downloading, unzip the archive and install the program in the standard way. Next, proceed to the operations on the Android device.
Step 2: Enabling USB debugging
You need to activate the debugging mode for the computer to recognize the smartphone. To do this:
- Look for the “Settings” icon on the home screen, go in;
- Scroll down to “About the phone” and quickly click on the “MIUI version” tab 7-8 times. At the bottom, you should see an inscription notifying you that you have become a developer.
- Go back to the root of the menu and go to “Advanced Settings”;
- Go to the “For Developers” section and go to the “USB Debugging” tab. Move the slider to “On” and confirm with the “OK” button.
Step 3: Removing Unnecessary Apps
- Connect the phone to your PC with a USB cable and change the debugging mode to “File Transfer”.
- Launch Xiaomi ADB and click on the first item in the menu called “Debloater”.
- The utility detects the device, and the “Allow USB Debugging” notification appears on the phone. Press “OK”.
- Click ” Debloater” again. This time ADB Fastboot Tools will display a list of programs that can be uninstalled. Carefully look through the list and check the checkboxes of the uninstallable applications that you want to get rid of.
- Now click on the bottom red button “Uninstall” and wait until the uninstall procedure ends.
- Restart your mobile device with the “Reboot system” command when the cleanup is complete.
Step 4: Checking the phone functionality
After the reboot, pay attention to the functioning of the smartphone. If the operating system starts without problems, you do not observe any slowdowns, hang-ups or errors – then the procedure was successful.
How do I restore deleted apps?
Almost any system app can be found on Google Play and downloaded without problems.
How do I uninstall the latest app update?
Unfortunately, there is no such function. You can uninstall and reinstall the program by selecting the desired version as an apk-file on the Internet.
The utility does not see the connected phone, what to do?
Be sure to check the debugging via USB. If it’s enabled, the problem is in the drivers, but usually, they are installed automatically when you first connect your smartphone to the computer. Try to update them.
Today we told you how to remove unnecessary built-in apps from your smartphone from Xiaomi and Google without root rights and an unlocked bootloader. As you can see, this is a quick and quite simple procedure, which is useful for every user.